Thursday 6 October 2016

Queuing in Canada

So far I've just talked about the things I like in Canada, which is all fair and good, we want to keep this positive after all. However, I just can't go on without venting about all the queuing I've been doing.

My original plan was to take a photo of every queue I was in, post it to this blog and impress everyone who read it with how much time I've wasted standing in line. However, I was in so many queues that I gave up and besides I would have filled my phone by now.

I've thought about why this is. I mean, understandably if you do touristy things then you'll have to queue, but it just seems inescapable. As if Vancouver is somehow crowded despite being quite visually not much more crowded than Adelaide. The  Maybe everything is just slower, not enough for me to realise but enough to notice the queue.

Buses, supermarkets, events, tickets to said events, food of all descriptions whether free or paid for and Tim Horton's especially, toilets, lifts, alcohol, you name it I've queued for it.

The sad thing is I've just grown to expect and except it. Maybe that's the real reason I didn't take any photos, as it seems so pedestrian now that it isn't worth documenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment